Pick To Light Systems
Increase Speed & Accuracy
Pick to light is a light-based order picking system for split-case picking of items in the warehouse or distribution center.It can be used for manufacturing, kitting or assembling also.
The light modules direct workers to the right zone and SKU, telling workers where and what quantity to pick. The easy-to-see light also serves as the confirm button when picks are made.
Light-directed picking keeps the worker from having to search between one location and another because the picker is visually guided directly to the location, shown the quantity directly at the location, and all pertinent information is provided directly to the picker.
Therefore, pick-to-light is easy to learn – the worker simply reads a number, counts out the quantity and hits a button to extinguish the light. Training is simple, and since many order pickers are temporary staff hired for peak seasons, it keeps throughput and accuracy high with a minimal learning curve.
- 99% accuracy level
- Faster order filling, cutting the time needed to pick orders compared to other systems
- Reduced errors and labor costs.
- On average, switching to pick-to-light increases productivity by 40%
- Easy integration with WMS, WES, WCS, ERP, and other host systems
- Access to analytics, including real-time graphical productivity and status information, customizable on the user dashboard
- Technological advances in pick-to-light have increased flexibility and functionality, and have brought down the cost of pick-to-light